Typical day at Balvihar:
- Common Prayer : Everyone gathers for lighting the lamp, common strotas and shlokas, discussing moral values, naivedhyam and aarathi. Children disperse to their class rooms
- Group 1 (Kindergarten and younger): Watch videos, act in imprompto plays, make crafts, color, play games and/ or read stories. Shlokas and moral values are reinforced throughout the class.
- Group 2 (First & second grade): Watch videos, act in imprompto plays, and/ or read stories with age relevant discussions on – moral values incorporated into the stories. Shlokas are reinforced throughout the class.
- Group 3 (Third grade upto 12 years of age): Discussion on “Symbolism of Hinduism”, plays from Mahabharata & Ramayana, discussion of moral values. Group discussion on topics applied to the current life situations and practical applications.
- Group 4 (Teenage): Student lead discussion on self-explaratory topics such as “Who am I?”, “What is my purpose?”, “ How does Hinduism address ________” , “What happens after death?”. Group discussion on topics applied to the current life situations and practical applications.